YooMee Africa is a holding company with investments in 4G/LTE high-speed wireless Internet operator in sub-Saharan Africa. We support the local entrepreneurs to gain the operator licenses and spectrum from the regulators in each country; we contribute from our vast knowledge to build and deploy the local networks; we share with our local partner our yearlong marketing, sales and distribution experience. Together with the local operations, we assure that the services offered are affordable, reliable and customer care is of highest quality.
YooMee Africa is committed to innovation, to local content and local competences. One of our flagship projects was to enable 70,000 students of the University of Douala (Cameroon) to access broadband internet on campus.
We actively support the creation of local content, such as the Cameroonian business directory (ici.cm), which has brought 13,000 SME’s into the digital age.
In 2014, with our local partners, we participated in Côte d'Ivoire in the launch of the first LTE network in West Africa.
- Currently operating in Cameroon and Ivory Coast
- First LTE network in West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire)
- 70,000 students connected (University of Douala)
- Download speeds of up to 10mb
- 95% local management and employees are local
- www.iCi.cm (13,000 local businesses online)